Welcome to the EUAA Vacancies page, where you will find all currently available vacancies in the European Union Agency for Asylum.
Develop your career as an EUAA Staff member (Temporary Agent, Contract Agent) or Seconded National Expert.
We accept applications only through our E-Recruitment Tool.
Download the candidate application guide for step-by-step instructions.
A Vacancy Notice, containing all relevant information about the selection procedure, is posted normally for one full month. You must submit your application via our E-Recruitment tool by the deadline.
Candidates are screened by a Selection Committee in a non-biased and objective manner, based on the criteria in the Vacancy Notice. Depending on the number of applications received, this may take some time.
The selected applicants are invited to attend an interview and testing process. The interview will be held in English, but knowledge of other languages may also be tested.
Once this process is completed, the results are communicated to all applicants who attended the assessment phase.
There are three possible outcomes:
- or Reserve List.
The Reserve List is valid until December 31st of each year, with the possibility of it being extended. As a reminder, inclusion on the Reserve List does not imply any entitlement to employment.
Before you apply, please note the following basic requirements.
If you do not meet these requirements, we regret to inform you that your application will not be considered.
- You must be a citizen of an EU Member State or a Schengen Associated Country (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Lichtenstein), enjoying full rights as its citizen;
- Our working language is English and you must be able to communicate well in this language (see Language Skills Assessment Grid);
- You must produce a criminal record certificate or the equivalent, and a declaration of interests that shows you will be able to make decisions and act independently;
- You must pass a medical exam to meet EU employment requirements;
- To further assess your eligibility, you may also refer to the attached European Glossary on Education – Examinations, Qualifications and Titles;
- Attached you will also find documentation regarding reimbursement of expenses incurred when attending an in-person interview.
The headquarters of the EUAA are located in Malta however, EUAA offices are also located in Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Belgium, and Spain.
Are you looking for an exciting new career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? EUAA offers YOU a stimulating and challenging workplace.
At EUAA you will find:
- Rewarding mission: you will be part of an organisation that works to strengthen EU Member States’ cooperation on asylum, enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System and support Member States whose asylum and reception systems are under particular pressure.
- Growth and development path: EUAA Staff growth and development are very important for us. We provide opportunities to help you develop professionally, such as regular feedback on your work and an extended training programme.
- Multicultural environment: you will work with experienced colleagues from all over Europe.
- Healthy work/life balance: we support your health and well-being. We are developing a wide range of well-being activities, training and recreation activities, such as sport teams.
MTC Block A, Winemakers Wharf,
Grand Harbour, MRS 1917, Malta
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. The country covers just over 316 km with a population of around 450,000 making it one of the world's smallest and most densely populated countries. The capital of Malta is Valletta.
The Maltese Islands enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year, with a mild climate. Nineteen degrees Celsius is the average daytime temperature. This allows one to enjoy and explore this sunny destination year-round. English is the second official language, making it easy to communicate with the local population. In addition, there are many outdoor activities available, depending on your interests and level of fitness.
Past Social Events Have Included
- Team-building departmental events
- Christmas party for all Malta staff
- Trip to the nearby island of Gozo and other destinations
- Children’s Carnival at EUAA HQ
- EUAA Beach Volley team and EUAA Football team
Malta boasts of an events calendar featuring an eclectic blend of local and international entertainment, exhibitions, festivals and feasts. Whatever your particular area of interest may be, you are sure to find activities that will appeal to you. Choose from performances by international contemporary music stars, classical music concerts and jazz festivals, amongst many others.
Due to the Covid outbreak, most in-person events stopped in 2020 or have been moved online.
Updated information on events can be found here: Malta Events - Full Calendar of Events in Malta | Visit Malta.